Haverhill, Massachusetts, Estate Planning Attorney
When you need to establish and implement a plan for the distribution of your assets, you want a lawyer with experience, one who understands the different strategies available to help you accomplish your objectives and protect the legacy you worked so hard to build. You also want an attorney who will take the time to learn the unique aspects of your situation and help you develop an individualized strategy to meet your goal of keeping your assets within your family.
Over 35 Years of Experience ◊ A Commitment to Personal Service
At the law office of Dennis M. Spurling, P.C., in Haverhill, we bring over 35 years of experience in estate planning to individuals and families in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. As a former accountant, our Haverhill, Massachusetts, estate planning attorney understands the financial considerations involved in planning for the orderly distribution of your estate. Our practice is committed to a high level of personal service and attention, taking the time to listen carefully to your concerns and to respond promptly to your needs. Contact our office or call us at 978-374-2230 for an appointment.
Our Estate Planning Practice
We provide comprehensive estate planning services, helping you keep more of your money and property in your estate, and preserve and control family assets by minimizing tax and probate costs. We understand the Massachusetts and New Hampshire estate tax laws and can help you minimize the impact of these laws, which can be more onerous than federal estate tax laws.
When you retain us to assist you with estate planning, we will take the time to gather all relevant information about your financial situation, as well as your estate planning goals. Next, we will carefully explain the different strategies available to help you accomplish your objectives, including wills and trusts, the re-titling of assets, and lifetime gifts.
Once we have determined the approach that meets your needs, we will prepare and execute all the documents necessary to put your estate plan in place, including:
- Simple Wills: We will draft the documents setting forth the distribution of your assets, as well as the guardianship of minor children, if appropriate.
- Trusts: We prepare all types of trusts, including revocable and irrevocable trusts, living and testamentary trusts, real estate, business and special needs trusts.
- Powers of Attorney: We will draft the necessary documents to designate a person with authority to make legal decisions for you if you are unable to do so. We prepare durable powers of attorney and limited powers of attorney.
- Living Wills: We will prepare documents identifying your desires with respect to resuscitation and life support.
- Health Care Proxies: We draft documents identifying who will make health care decisions for you if you cannot.